Included in the course are:
2.5 hours of video lessons and printable worksheets on:
- The best materials and where to find them
- The basic rules of Modern Calligraphy
- Practice strokes that will set you up to be a good calligrapher
- All the base strokes that you need to know to shape letters
- The entire alphabet in both lowercase and capitals
- How to connect letters
- How to create a postcard or quote poster
- How to address envelopes
- How to mix your own ink in any colour
And last but most definitely not least:
- a community platform where you can ask questions, share your work and connect with others
You will get lifetime access to the course, so you can complete it at your own pace and come back to the lessons whenever you like.
This course is based on years of experience teaching workshops in my studio. It follows the same set up as the workshops I teach, with some extras thrown in, like addressing envelopes and mixing your own inks. It will give you a solid start as a calligrapher!
The chapters of the course are:
2. The Community
3. Materials we’ll use
4. The anatomy of a nib
5. Getting started
6. Practise strokes
7. Base strokes
8. The alphabet part 1: A-M
9. The alphabet part 2: N-Z
10. Connecting letters to write words
11. Making a postcard and A5 poster
12. Addressing envelopes
13. Mixing your own ink using gouache
14. Thank you
The videos and worksheets are all in English, but you can ask any questions through email or in the community in Dutch too!
I hope to see you soon in the course.
Lots of love,